Thursday, June 11, 2009

Crow

I will eat it today. I will tell the other person that I was wrong, that I reacted badly and that my outburst was bitter and hurtful. I regret my attitude and behaviour, and I am sorry.

This will happen over lunch in just a couple of hours from now. The adrenalin is flowing. I am anxious because I don't know how the other person will take this, but since we are meeting together, I am hopeful. God grant me grace to proceed with pure motives because I am still ambivalent about the issues pertaining to the conflict. We can talk about those things in the future, but today, let me be clear and repentant about the wrong I have done. I will own my sin in the matter, mostly in how I lashed out and dredged up history - surprising even myself with the evidence of bitterness in my soul over things of which I have not yet let go. I will repent of this wrong and I will let go.

Lord, help. May the other person accept and forgive me.

No comments: